Going Noodles for Zoodles – Chris Burkard’s Favorite Raw, Spiralized Zucchini Pasta
This smaller squash is making quite a large impact on kitchens everywhere. Popular in home gardens all over the country, zucchini is a versatile vegetable that is great to use as a side or a main dish. But when we heard what Chris Burkard’s favorite vegan dish was, we had to try it! With the help of a crafty, kitchen gadget, this light and refreshing “pasta” is a delicious meal with nutritional value.
- 3 zucchinis
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Cut zucchini into “pasta” ribbons using a mandoline, spiralizer, or julienne peeler
- Add zucchini “pasta” to a large bowl with the olives, basil, onion and tomatoes
- Mix together olive oil and lemon juice, pour on top of vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you prefer a warm dish, simply add ingredients to a pan and warm over medium heat.