A Guiltless Quinoa and Black Bean Burrito Bowl – Enjoy this Great Option as a Side Dish or a Meal in Itself!
A flavorful alternative to black beans and rice! Quinoa is a gluten-free, nutty grain from South America. It’s an excellent protein source, delivering the perfect balance of all nine essential amino acids. Quinoa is found in all of Amazing Grass’ Amazing Meal and Raw Reserve with Protein products as well!
Recipe makes 10 servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or oil of your choice!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa into onion mixture and cover with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes; mix in the black beans, avocado and cilantro.