Not-So-Traditional Fajitas – A Veg-Twist to a Sizzling Staple
Abruptly shifting your lifestyle to a plant-based, non-meat diet can be quite a daunting task. With this recipe, we’d like to bring you some bold and rustic flavors that share a hearty taste and remind you of those great dishes you love. We recommend adding in some tofu for extra protein and getting a good char on those veggies for that amazing, smoky aroma.
Recipe makes 6 servings
- Your favorite brand or homemade tortillas
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or oil of your choice!)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green pepper and red pepper. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the vegetables and sauté until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the corn and beans; increase the heat to high for 5 minutes, to brown vegetables.
- Warm your tortillas in a hot skillet and serve.
- Secret Ingredient for the challenge: Kale
- Create a recipe using Kale and then:
-Share a picture of the recipe you created with us over Social Media Outlets (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)! You must be following Amazing Grass on the outlet that you post through, and you must use the hashtag #VtoxKALEYEAH. Be sure to have your account made public and we will notify the winners. We will randomly select 5 winners over a 4 month period and the winners will receive a box of Amazing Grass Nutritional Bars! Good Luck and we look forward to trying your recipe creations!